Monday, May 23, 2016

5-23-16

Hello, my friends. How is everyone dealing with this heat? I'm not. LOL!

Been trying to make better choices in my eating habits. Lately, I try to eat more fresh vegetables. Did you know fresh spinach only has 20 calories? I started eating it, because the iron was helping my Hypothyroidism. Now I realize I can eat a ton of it, get filled up, and still remain in my calorie budget.  One of my recent meals was a garlic-herb boneless skinless chicken breast on a huge bowl of spinach. Loved it. 
(amount difference between foods)

(garlic-herb boneless chicken breast on spinach)

Went to Iowa City today to check in with my Orthopedic doctor. The new hardware holding my femur together is doing great, and I am now at full weight bearing. No longer do I need my walker/cane around the house. Since the hill I live on is unlevel ground, I will use one of them whenever I venture out for extra stability.
(today's x-ray)

Today, I am asking for prayers for my friend Amy. She is a really good person who helps many people, but now she needs some help herself. Amy has a cyst and will be having surgery soon to see if it's cancer. Please keep her in your prayers.

Here are some quotes and humor for the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment